Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thumbs Up!

James Henry has found his thumb! My girlfriend whose husband is a dentist winced at the sight. Most parents would probably worry about this new favorite pastime, but I rejoice! It is some sort of miracle actually. When James Henry wakes in the night he simply sucks his thumb and is soon sleepin' like a baby! I did not get that saying until now... 'Cause my baby did not really sleep, so why would people say that? Sleepin' like a baby? Until recently, my baby woke every two hours in the night wanting to hang out with me. Of course, I was always glad to see him but now I know how good it feels to sleep for 8 hours in a row! Something that I have not experienced since long before I was even pregnant. I feel like a new woman! So I give two thumbs up to James Henry's new habit. Besides, how many adults do you know that suck their thumb? Surely it will not be that hard to break later... right?


If I take his thumb away...




3 comments:

Carolyn said...

That face is just hilarious! And what gorgeous blue eyes. Great photos!...and posts. I love reading your blog, even if I do see you all the time. :)

Walters Press said...

Wow, beautiful blue eyes! I'm so glad you sent your blog to me. I'll be reading!

MacKenzie said...

Oh my goodness, what a priceless photo of that baby boy. those eyes are amazing! i can not wait to meet him. Cabe and i are coming to nashville April 25th weekend, so i am hoping to hook up with you all while we are there!
i am totally going to love on that little man! :)