Monday, June 2, 2008

Southern Photo update

I just learned how to make a slide show! I included some of my favorite sweet, sweet babies from my latest shoots. I know that most of them are on my photo blog, but I do love pics set to music.
I have now owned my digital SLR for almost two months. How did I ever live without it?! I have had so much fun picture taking- There has been some progress since I first blogged about my desire to become a "real" photographer. I am not quite there, but God has provided amazing opportunities and introduced me to people that have aided in my quest. First of all, I love my friends and family. They are so encouraging and helpful. I could write a list a mile long of the many ways that they have blessed me so far (and that is just with my photography endeavor).
Clint is amazing. He cheers me on everyday. I am just below the line of competence when it comes to technology. That is not the only reason why this art major married an engineer:) Anyway, he is so patient with me as I fumble my way through learning digital editing processes and ask him a gazillion questions on just how to turn on the computer. I have killed our laptop more than twice and he still allows me to work on the new nice computer... (Don't be deceived by my ability to blog, it's not that hard)
Misty Trone, Brandi Pitts, and Mary Rosenbaum have all been a HUGE help to me. Each of these ladies are talented photographers and have allowed this "newbie" to ask them a ton of questions. They are more than generous with their hints, tips and smart advice.
My parents and Clint's parents, my aunt Bobbie, Betsy G. the list goes on and on- You know, I really should not even list people by name- The fact is that there are so many wonderful people helping and encouraging me that I am sure to leave someone out.
I am so anxious to create beautiful pictures, I can hardly stand it! I mean, you can't just wake up one morning and be Annie Lebowitz. If it were that easy, everyone would do it and their would be no need for professional photographers. However, I do feel that things are moving along as fast as they possibly can, which is exciting. The good news is that it is really fun to practice my new job! I have set some goals to keep me moving toward Jinky Art status:
Goals:
- a website (with music and cool graphics, you know the type)

- learn photo shop
- sell my prints on line
- get customers! (I hope to do all types of photos:families, kids, pets, and eventually weddings)
I am also very excited to work with Beth Hart (she is a talented graphic designer with a stationary business) on photo greeting cards. We are going to have a show together in the fall to showcase Christmas cards (wooo hooo I LOVE Christmas cards!)
Are you still reading?! Well, that's that- Hopefully, in two more months I will be blogging about how I accomplished the goals I listed above. I think that I used the word excited atleast four times in this post... You get the idea, right?!

No comments: