As I stepped out of the front door to go for a walk, I saw it. A shining ray of yellow light. I love that color! What is that? Is that a chair? The chair that I have been looking for all of my days?! Well, maybe not all of my days... But today?! The neighbors were having a yard sale. A moving sale to be exact. I was just the girl to take that chair off their hands. But wait, I made a promise to myself not to collect more stuff. OH, Why did I make a stupid promise like that?! Darn, it's true, I'm committed to not collecting clutter. What was I to do? I really need that chair for portraits. I told Clint my desire, want, nay need for the chair. He was quick to remind me of my promise not to collect more stuff.... Urgh. I had made the foolish mistake of telling Clint of this "commitment". I was hoping to rationalize the purchase. So, I informed him of some amendments to my law:
I. I cannot pay more than $5 for the chair.
II. I must get rid of something before welcoming the chair into our home. So... I gathered some clothes to take to goodwill and cleaned out a box of old school supplies in the basement. Clint laughed at my sad attempt and said that I should get rid of a chair. That would be fair. If I am not willing to do that, than I don't need the new chair. Double urgh. Why must he hold me accountable?!
Hmmmm, maybe because the chair is for my photography, and it has the potential for creating cool portraits... thus furthering my business... it is not stuff at all. I would call it an investment really. I needed a new amendment. Clearly, this is a special situation.
IA. The chair can stay for 30 days.
New rule. If it is for my photography, and is a prop, it is allowed to stay for 30 days. I made the guy and offer. $5 and he carries it across the street for me. SOLD! To the crazy lady with a baby on her hip!



3 comments:
I like the chair - definitely a business expense with excellent ROI. ;)
Katy I think these are my favorite pictures you've taken so far! I LOVE the chair and if I had found it for $5 I would probably not even ask Chris! ha! I, too, am a collector of "stuff" but mostly "furniture". I love it! The first and the last picture are my favorite. Is that in your back yard? Amazing!
I love the chair. Now that you have made James Henry's picture, you can not get rid of it. Tell Clint that is is a woman's right to change her mind. The pictures are just too cute!
Post a Comment