As I am working on the edits for one of my recent photo sessions, I keep coming back to this image. Brett, who is such a precious baby, began to tire after a bit. We all feel that way sometimes, don't we? A little fussy and tired. I worry, fret, complain, cry, dump it on my friends and family and then worry some more. Brett, was immediately comforted by the loving arms of his father. To be so little, it must feel great to have someone much bigger than you, that you trust, to provide comfort and protection. In the book I've been reading, Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, the author says, If my God is not bigger than life, then my life is bigger than God. What an awesome perspective. This portrait illustrates that point so well for me. Our heavenly father IS much bigger than us, and can provide the comfort that we so desire. Scripture tells us so.... If we let Him.
"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

No comments:
Post a Comment