Wednesday, June 17, 2009

family update

baby brother: 36 weeks
-name: Elijah (Yahweh/ Lord is God) and my favorite Bible hero. We are going to call him "Eli"!
No middle name yet, but he will have one...
-Estimated arrival date: July 14th
-Scored 8 out of 8 points on his exam via ultra sound this morning!

-Size: His head, bones, tummy, bladder all measured well. He is considered 43% percentile (not too big/not too small) for his age and is currently estimated at 6lbs 2 oz
-We saw and heard a strong healthy heart beat and watched all four chambers of his heart working wonderfully.
-He is practicing his breathing.
-He was so scrunched up in his cozy womb that it was hard to see much of anything, but we were able to make out feet, and that he is in fact a boy! He has his head down (in the right position for birth) and is facing my back. I was a bit disappointed not to see his sweet face or to get any pictures.

James Henry: 19 months (on the 19th)
-Size: height= 33 inches tall (75th percentile means that he is taller than 75% of boys his age), weight= 24.5 lbs (25th percentile means that 75% of boys his age weigh more than he does)
...and as I always like to say, he is 1oo% precious.
-Is healthy and strong, plays hard, enjoys counting, obsessed with tractors, and is really into trains. Takes three hour naps (thank you Jesus!) Likes art (so proud!) and ask to "trawl" draw all the time- Here is one of his recent painting masterpieces:

-Calls brother "Eeee!" or refers to my belly as "Eeee" I don't think that he really understands that we are actually having a baby. He'll see soon enough...

Me: 36 out of 40 weeks pregnant
-size: huge
-I am now dilated to 2 cm and about 60% effaced. This has no determination on when the baby will actually come, but in my mind explains much of my physical discomfort. The doctor did not want for me to modify any of my daily routine. He explained that if I were to go into spontaneous labor at this point that Eli would be fine. I don't think that I am quite ready for that- But, ok.
-I am done with photography sessions until August, and I am just working hard to finish all of my galleries, office work, tax paying, scheduling, edits, and orders before the big day!

Clint: Is excited and ready to be a dad of two and ready for me not to be pregnant any more.

Buddy: Is still lookin' good with his summer shave and is enjoying being outside more with his invisible fence / "freedom" collar.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I'm so glad to hear that Eli is healthy and all went well! Sorry you didn't get a picture, but hopefully you'll see his face soon!! :) Love you all, Carolyn (& Josh & Noah)