Friday, March 6, 2009

Faithful Provisions


Check out the amazing loot that I scored last night at the Brentwood United Methodist Church Kids Sale! These are some of the clothes that I picked up for James Henry and the new baby. I spent an average of $4 per outfit. That is for brands like House of Haden, Zutano, Petit Ami, Vive la Fete, Kissy Kissy, and Feltman Brothers!

a tool bench,
an art table,

a train table with complete Brio train set (not shown),

and other cool toys! Grand total for the clothes, a pair of shoes, and toys: $225!
Retial value= almost $900!

Yesterday morning, I was blessed by an amazing speaker at Moms and More. Kelly, of Faithful Provisions, shared with us about being a smarter groccery shopper. Meal planning, freezing tips, couponing, and sales were some of the topics that she touched on. It was all incredibly useful information. The best part was the tie in to living faithfully, and being a good stewart.
“…your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” - Matthew 6:32-33
I have not mastered the art of buying grocceries for less, but I have been doing pretty well shopping for the boys! Obviously, God does not care what James Henry wears to church- I fully understand the difference in a need and a want. However, I see Him in every detail of my life. When we decided for me to stay at home with our children, it was a major step of faith. Believe me, trusting, when it comes to our finances is a major LEAP of faith. God has provided an amazing opprotunity for us in my photography business. In combination with prayer, and being incredibly intentional with our budget, God has provided. We don't need train tables, or smocked outfits. When we decided to go from a double to a single income, I was prepared to do without. I never imagined still being able to buy name brand clothes for James Henry or to go on vacation. I am not sharing this to be bragocious, it is in an effort to give thanks. I have nothing that has not been given to me.
“Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! ” - Luke 12:22-24

1 comment:

Sarahbeth said...

Oooh how I miss consignment season in Nashville!!! We have ONE good sale here in Savannah, and I made sure I consigned AND sold bags to get the best pick. With 4 to buy for, consignment sales are the way to go!