Wednesday, March 4, 2009

babymoon '09

Clint and I enjoyed an incredible Mexican "baby moon" last week! Sand, sun and virgin margaritas!

It is amazing with the changing dynamics of our growing family, how intentional we have to be to spend time together as a couple. That is after all, what we were before we were parents. I cannot put words to describe how very difficult it was for me to leave James Henry for almost a week. He stayed at home with his grandmothers. I never worried for a second about his care, I just knew that I would miss him. I also knew that ultimately, this vacation getaway for his parents was necessary and needed. When we are a better husband and wife, we are a better mom and dad.

This is where we spent most of our day. In the heated pool! It was in the 80's all week, but the sea breeze was so cool, you almost felt chilly. A good recipe for sunburn..
...my very handsome, sunburned date!

Clint set the point and shoot up on a wall and on a timer for this one-

I was amazed by the view from our plane window. One of my most favorite things about our trip (besides room service, the weather, relaxing, reading fluffy beach books with words in the title like mango and sunset, sleeping late, and spending time with Clint) were the colors. Sometimes in the gray doldrums of a Nashville winter, I forget about the majesty and beauty of creation. The many shades of blue sky, turquoise water, green grass, brown palms, pink, red, orange and yellow flowers were inspiring and breath taking.


...and the view coming into Tennessee- a little depressing but, I could care less as the pilot announced that it was 28 degrees on the ground... I could not WAIT to see this guy!

Here he is with his souvenirs, a poncho from his madre and maracas from his padre! If James Henry could type he would certainly post about the good times he shared with his grandmothers last week. After waving good bye to them this morning, he cried and cried. I almost did too, knowing that he was spoiled rotten from the extra TLC and chocolate ice cream from his two most adoring fans.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

It looks gorgeous! Any great beach reads you'd recommend? I have a list of books to read, but they all have too much angst for a caribbean vacation...