Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

My mom bringing me home from the hospital



I have always loved and appreciated my mother. I have always known that my mom loves me. Now that I am a mother, it is really special to feel "a mother's love". I never could have imagined just how much my mom loves me until I experienced loving a child for myself. It is a deep undescribable love that makes you feel like you would do anything and everything for your baby. It is as if someone took my heart and put little arms and legs on it. So now I know that all those years I gave my mom a card and some flowers for Mother's day, she really deserved a parade!

Clint and his mom 1979


I am one of the few wives out there that can claim to love her mother-in-law and mean it. I really do love Joyce and along with my own mother, consider her to be one of my very best friends. It has been really cool to know for myself just how special a mother/son relationship is. I have already decided that there is no girl out there good enough for my James Henry.... Good thing Joyce did not feel that way about her Clint! She was actually praying for me, Clint's future wife long before we met. Maybe I should take that approach....

And this Mother's Day... is a happy Grandmother's Day as well! I love seeing our moms with James Henry. He loves them as much as we do.

Happy Mother's Day y'all!

1 comment:

Mother Melissa said...

Katy,
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I appreciate all that you do for me and James Henry!

You will be a wonderful mother.

Happy FIRST MOTHERS DAY!!!

I love you,
GRAN