Saturday, January 24, 2009

it's 4 in the morning...

Beware, this is nothing but the ramblings of a pregnant lady that cannot sleep. Ironic considering how very tired I am all day.
I am not sure that my family and friends in Atlanta catch the winter blues quite like I do here in Nashville. It is dark, rainy and cold, cold, cold. I have got serious cabin fever! I am patrolling the Internet for any type of warm beach vacation to take soon, real soon. The new baby needs vitamin D too!

and then, there is this. Am I lying awake thinking about a Blackberry because I am excited to have one? or because I am nervous about the investment for good reason? Do I really need to be connected 24-7? Will I ever figure out how to actually use it? What if I drop it, or worse there is James Henry!
As you may I have noticed in my previous post "Lay-Z-Boy", he likes to sit in his new chair, watch Sesame Street and pretend to call his grandmothers (that is my cell phone up to his ear). He put some sort of spell on it yesterday, rendering it useless. Something about excess moisture in the charging port. Doh! Teething again! I could write it off as a business expense, and that reminds me of...

this guy. I have my photography business books 90% complete and ready for my accountant. I have a bad habit of doing that... Getting mostly done with a project and then stopping. Urgh, guess I could be working on that right now. That would probably put me right to sleep.
Speaking of government, I have spent the last week like many Americans feeling extra patriotic. I even voted in a municipal election Thursday. I never vote in local elections. I guess it is all this talk of change, the feeling of hope and the idea that, "Yes, we can!" I have been glued to the TV since the inauguration. I truly believe that our new president will be able to inspire all new masses of citizens and enable us, to be the change that we want to see in our communities and country. He has the ability to speak and be heard, in a way that no American leader has been able to do in many generations. I have really thought about his speech and something that resonated the most with me is that he listed, nurturing a child, as one of the most selfless acts that we can do to change the future of America. I even said out loud, "Hey that's me!" and thought, even I as a SAHM (stay at home momma) matters. I can't wait to see the changes to health care, and the environment (my top two issues). However, yesterday President Obama passed abortion legislation that broke my heart. It knocked me down a few notches and reminded me that I serve a sovereign God that is the ultimate leader and King of hearts. I am still rooting for our new president and praying for our nation.

Whew! Are you still reading?! Even if I am not asleep, there is a good chance that you are! Off to bed- Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont get the touch screen black berry. Blake got it and he does not like it that much. Says it feels like it is gonna break. Hope that helps! :)

Katy Southern said...

Thanks Katie! It is now between teh iphone or a bberry curve- I meant to tell you that was my cell phone next to James Henry's ear!