Wednesday, October 8, 2008

our spirited angel

a new way of enjoying his alphabet rug...
I cannot believe that I am putting my "dirty laundry" on the internet :)
It's wash day, and I just filmed this to show Clint, but ...

I am currently reading, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers. There is a section titled, "Who is your toddler?" and includes a quiz. The first time I took the quiz, I considered James Henry's temperment and it declared him as an "angel" baby. "Not easily angered, and goes with the flow". I know that he is not a stick figure, but a whole person, and there are many more facets to him than just his dispostion. So, I took the quiz again with his physical activities in mind, and he is quite the "spirited" baby. "The most active toddler, who is very physical and willful". Clint and I kept the nursery at church Sunday, and we both had to pick our jaws up off the floor after watching James Henry play with his friends for an hour. He can be quite the steam roller. He was twice as active as the other babies and quite the "go get-er". I don't think that he had malice intent for the other babies, but we had to give him boundries to prevent him from crawling right over whoever was in his way! After climbing inside all of the empty cabinets, he decided that he wanted to be standing in the same large plastic toy as another baby, (who is twice his size) so he just squeezed his way into the toy! If I had not been there, they would still be stuck there today! At home, he pushes his riding toy over to the gates around my desk in an effort to stand on it and climb over to me! He has NO fear. He is so fun (and exhausting!) to watch, and I love seeing his adventurous spirit develop. (God help me when he is a teenager!)

1 comment:

Melody said...

Hi Katy! What an Angel! I love the photos and especially the video clip! All that energy!! He's so cute and those EYES!!! I'm so happy for you that you're doing your photography and enjoying every moment with James Henry. Did I mention that Nicolas turned 15 this week? It seems like yesterday (cliche but appropriate)that he was so little. My sister-in-law adopted a baby from Texas and has a shower on the same day as Monnie's. I hope to do both, but you know how that goes...I'd love to see you and Monnie and Joycie! Love Ya! Melody