Thursday, July 23, 2009

buy please





Never say never- Not even two yet and my baby has a favorite movie. I certainly did not imagine ever purchasing animated wall decals either. I also would not have predicted when James Henry asked me to buy something, I would find it so precious, that I would race to the check out. I was so impressed that he understood the word "buy" that all other logic went out the window. Not to mention that I always imagined him loving creative and beautiful, classic characters from books like Peter Rabbit. But no, he can spot his favorite Cars from across the store and it has been brought to my attention lately that there is A LOT of Cars stuff. Those people are ruthless with their merchandising. Always strategically placed for little hands to grab. Who knew their little marketing scheme would work so well, especially on me. Hopefully, I have not set a precedent... that every time he ask to buy, we take it home. I can't beat myself up too much. He really loves the Cars and talks to them all the time. He knows their names, colors, and even what they say. You can imagine his dad's surprise at hearing him recite, "Awww shoot" like Mater the tow truck. He says it all the time knowing it will get laughs from me. I do believe Clint may be starting to doubt more than just the consumer aspects of my parenting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are hilarious. I think I would have done the same thing. He earned those Cars decals by being so smart! how could you resist?